Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

Beans

Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

hey guys same problem here with the updates killing my computer. what's causing this and when will we be safe to update again?

Beans

ps what is the command from the recovery terminal to go back to 2.6.28-15.49 kernel?

Beans
    Hidden!

This thread is kind of a mess unfortunately ... It has helped me a bit but I haven't managed to get it to work when trying out all different tips and trix

I got as far as getting VESA drivers to work in 8.04 I think but I still couldn't watch movies in full screen which probably is expected though. But I don't want 8.04 and people seems to get 9.04 to work as well.

Do someone have clear (and structured) steps on how to get as much as possible to work in 9.04? I have just made a fresh install of Jaunty (i386) and I'm wondering what to do next.

There is talk about this Hardy lpia unr version which I haven't been able to find anywhere The instructions in the wiki page in post no. 2 refers to this one so they don't help me I guess.

Please help me. I just had to reinstall Windows (dual boot) just to be able to watch movies and series with good quality (and in full screen). I would really appreciate any kind of help to get me rolling.

Thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey sirjeppe!

You may have better luck following the first post in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1213416

It seems to be up to date.

To get Compiz to work, you'll have to whitelist psb. Have a look at this post for how to do that and some more optimalisations: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...7&postcount=32

But as stated above, it might not work with the latest kernel version. I haven't updated myself yet, so I can't help you there.

Beans
    Hidden!

Fantastic!!!

That was so easy when you have a guide hehe... Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction SQuark!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey, my pleasure!

Beans

hey any word on a fix after the update to -15.51, stuck in command prompt from recovery kernel and no idea how to go back to .49 or fix it??

Beans

it's normal for the GMA 500 to be slower than any other Intel chipset. Windows benchmarks I've seen show it at about 50% of the performance of the GMA 900.
    Adam Williamson | http://www.happyassassin.net
    Fedora QA Community Monkey

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by jonah1980 View Post
    hey any word on a fix after the update to -15.51, stuck in command prompt from recovery kernel and no idea how to go back to .49 or fix it??
    Install the following package from command line: psb-kernel-source.
    sudo apt-get install psb-kernel-source

If it is already installed, run this -> sudo dpkg-reconfigure psb-kernel-source.
    Last edited by mikewhatever; September 6th, 2009 at 02:01 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    Install the following package from command line: psb-kernel-source.
    sudo apt-get install psb-kernel-source

If it is already installed, run this -> sudo dpkg-reconfigure psb-kernel-source.
    that didn't work for me, just a black screen still. i ended up wget downloading the .49 kernel from backports and doing a dpkg -force-downgrade which got it working.

but today a new updated kernel came out .52, i risked installing this one and it works fine. so whatever the problem was with .51 they've now fixed it for .52 so i'm all up-to-date.

cheers for the help

Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast