Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incoming FUD.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Incoming FUD.

Quote Originally Posted by aesis05401 View Post
    Hey all, this is really stupid, but I want to give a heads up.

A notorious /. poster known as Twitter (and about ten other names through sock puppet accounts) has somehow made it onto the /. front page with a 'M$'/Mono/Debian related post.

As a long time /. reader, I can tell you that this guy is interested only in bashing people and starting fights.

If you start seeing threads in here linking to that story or commenting on that story, clicker beware, you may be getting trolled because the posts in whatever thread are likely posted by the same person with multiple accounts - as that is what this Twitter character has been doing to start fights for oh - a couple years now.

Edit: I should mention that all his /. accounts are 'b*tch-slapped' meaning his posts automatically go to -1 over there due to chronic abuse.

Edit2: /. editor Timothy apologizes in thread for leaving M$ reference in tact in posted story, the whole thread is flaming. Hopefully they change the front page summary.
    twitter still doing the rounds is he? Stopped going on slashdot a year or so ago when there was a sharp drop in IQs.
    (12:25:08 PM) sabdfl: if Linux is just another way to run Windows apps, we can't win
    (12:25:13 PM) sabdfl: OS/2 tried that

Blog | Dropbox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

There are several users in good standing that maintain journals tracking his accounts because he is such a problem (including someone who tracked him down a few years ago and posted his personal information and place of employment online to pay him back for all the agggravation).
    Jeez, this is the kind of crap that made me decide to steer clear of Usenet (anyone for c.o.l.a?). I don't mean the troll, I mean the NetKKKops who thought it okay to post the troll's personal info just because he annoyed them!

You don't want to engage the troll, don't reply to his crap. Simple. But posting his personal info... that's just mean. There are enough freaks out there to make that kind of stunt extremely dangerous.

Or maybe aesis05401 thinks it'll serve the troll right if some psychopath stalker murders his kids.
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by t0p View Post
    Jeez, this is the kind of crap that made me decide to steer clear of Usenet (anyone for c.o.l.a?). I don't mean the troll, I mean the NetKKKops who thought it okay to post the troll's personal info just because he annoyed them!

You don't want to engage the troll, don't reply to his crap. Simple. But posting his personal info... that's just mean. There are enough freaks out there to make that kind of stunt extremely dangerous.

Or maybe aesis05401 thinks it'll serve the troll right if some psychopath stalker murders his kids.
    No to troll you, but did you read the fact that I am not posting URLs specifically to keep his page rank down?

The only reason this is a story is because it made the front page on one of the busiest tech news aggregation sites in the world. People who could not have cared less about this issue are getting their first info from a fanatical M$ troll who believes he is a defender of FOSS but really makes us all look like insane zealots.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ddrichardson View Post
    twitter still doing the rounds is he? Stopped going on slashdot a year or so ago when there was a sharp drop in IQs.
    Yeah, things are crazy around there these days - I filter heavily and mainly go back because I think the mod system is actually on the verge of getting much better if they can get the firehose working properly.

That and I always have mod points

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Psychopath View Post
    Neither do I, I prefer identi.ca
    I just realized I read it wrong.

But in either case, I don't use Twitter and I definitely don't visit Slashdot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post
    But in either case, I don't use Twitter and I definitely don't visit Slashdot.
    Yeah, forget Slashdot! Just a big blimmin' Mac love-fest, 'innit?
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Psychopath View Post
    I'm not too worried about it. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, no matter how ridiculous.

It's going to rain cheese today.
    What kind of cheese, specifically? I like ricotta, myself.
    Have you ever found something in the second-to-last place you looked?
    If it seems like I am ignoring you, perhaps I am.
    world:~ mike$ rm -f /earth/united_states/washington/redmond/M$ █

Beans

I am not obsessed with following this guy, but off tops here are the names of a few accounts he has admitted to sock-puppeting:
    Erris
    Gnutoo
    intheloo
    See http://slashdot.org/~SockDisclosure/journal/214377 for a complete list and evidence. Also, 'twitter' is now closely related to BoycottNovell... surprise? They shill and astroturf all over the internet to push the party line, and it's all organized by Schestowitz. twitter is just a convenient tool for him... literally and figuratively.

Spread this far and wide of you can... these people are hurting FOSS in many ways. It was just a few weeks ago that some other fundamentalist associated with boycrapnovell tried to get someone fired from Canonical. This has to stop.

(and yes, I created this account just to post this comment)

Beans

Oh and I forgot, you're already in their sights now, see this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast