Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Control Amarok from Android Phone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Control Amarok from Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHodges View Post
    A very quick update (it's late) to let you know that I've just released the next version of Tesla!

Not particularly exciting feature-wise; but the service is not visible in the task bar, which adheres to the Android guidelines better and allows you to send Tesla to the background.

I've worked on some more fixes to improve the connection longevity, and the fixes I mentioned before are in there too.

Be sure to let me know how you get on with the update
    Sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    About 2 weeks back I decided to buy a new desktop and owing to a number of factors (primary among them the fact that I was a bit disappointed with ATI’s lack of support for linux) I have started using Windows 7.

Before, I switched I did have an opportunity to try out your update and honestly there weren’t any problems. The fact that the app could run in the background was a big plus point and was an essential feature for me.

Anyway thanks a lot for bringing this app to my attention. For a very long time it was very helpful to my music listening needs and if I do switch back to Ubuntu (or dual boot) I will most certainly give this a try again.

Right now I am using MediaMonkey as my music player and am planning on trying out MonkeyTunes which appears to have a gorgeous interface!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi abhiroopb,

Thanks for the final feedback, your help has been very valuable to the project. It will certainly be missed

Congratulations on the new desktop, it sounds like a very neat bit of kit. Windows 7 is a very good product too. Looking at your other thread, it sounds like you've found substitutes for all your software already! Hopefully over time a lot of the closed source programs can be replaced with open ones to help encourage a healthy technology ecosystem for the future.

Anyway, I'm working on a couple of other Android projects these days (though Tesla is by no means defunct). One of them is an on-line combat game (Android only for now), it's in the early stages but if you're interested I could keep you in the loop about it?

Will you be planning to visit this forum for much longer? Or is there a better way to contact you from now on (Twitter / Buzz / Email / etc)? I'd rather not sign up to a Windows 7 forum though, if it's all the same to you

Good luck with your Windows 7 gaming rig adventure! Perhaps one day Linux will once again find it's way back onto your desktop, when it better fits your purposes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

have sent you a PM

Beans

I'm trying to get Tesla working with Amarok, but not having any luck. I'm actually using Arch Linux and Amarok 2.3.0, but I couldn't find a website for Tesla to contact you.

When I try to connect I get this error.

Post-connection tasks failed on remote machine
    Init script filed with output: ConsoleKit session manager is not running

I haven't been able to use it yet, but it looks nice from what I've seen so far.

Edit: I've also tried it with VLC and got the same error.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by flammenwurfer View Post
    I'm trying to get Tesla working with Amarok, but not having any luck. I'm actually using Arch Linux and Amarok 2.3.0, but I couldn't find a website for Tesla to contact you.

When I try to connect I get this error.

Post-connection tasks failed on remote machine
    Init script filed with output: ConsoleKit session manager is not running

I haven't been able to use it yet, but it looks nice from what I've seen so far.

Edit: I've also tried it with VLC and got the same error.
    Hi,

I have the same problem with Banshee, have you been able to fix it?
    Ubuntu 10.04
    ATI 3470
    4 GB RAM.

Beans

Same here on Arch Linux with Exaile.
    I'm sure that is running (checked with ps aux and viewing logs)

What can I do???

-------
    Ek5

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213