Thread: Dropping session passwords

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Dropping session passwords

Hi everybody,
    I've a "stupid" question.
    When I connect to a smb share through nautilus it asks me the user name and password and it offers three options:
    1) Forget the password immediately
    2) Keep the password until the session is ended
    3) Remember forever

Let's imagine I choose option 2: How can I "forget" the previously entered username and password when I try to connect again to that share, so that the system will ask a new one, without having to log-off and login again?
    Thanks in advance,
    Luca.
    Think

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Dropping session passwords

Quote Originally Posted by lviggiani View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I've a "stupid" question.
    When I connect to a smb share through nautilus it asks me the user name and password and it offers three options:
    1) Forget the password immediately
    2) Keep the password until the session is ended
    3) Remember forever

Let's imagine I choose option 2: How can I "forget" the previously entered username and password when I try to connect again to that share, so that the system will ask a new one, without having to log-off and login again?
    Thanks in advance,
    Luca.
    Before connecting to the share, look in Applications > Accessories > Password and Encryption Keys > Passwords, and expand Passwords:login and check for a smb related entry. You can right click it and check in the properties to ensure it is the one you want and if necessary even delete it from there prior to reconnecting to the share (at which time you should be asked for the password again as it is no longer in the keyring).

I have used this when in the past I have used option 3 (Remember Forever) but am not sure if it is the same for sessions (option 2). It would pay for you to experiment a bit with it and check before relying on this info.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Dropping session passwords

Hi Thanks for your suggestion...
    I had already checked in my keyring but there it saves only when you select "remember forever", as in your experience.
    I guess that "session only" passwords are kept somewhere else or handled by nautilus directly.

Quote Originally Posted by yetiman64 View Post
    Before connecting to the share, look in Applications > Accessories > Password and Encryption Keys > Passwords, and expand Passwords:login and check for a smb related entry. You can right click it and check in the properties to ensure it is the one you want and if necessary even delete it from there prior to reconnecting to the share (at which time you should be asked for the password again as it is no longer in the keyring).

I have used this when in the past I have used option 3 (Remember Forever) but am not sure if it is the same for sessions (option 2). It would pay for you to experiment a bit with it and check before relying on this info.
    Think