Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.04 Lucid Lynx on an Asus EEE PC 1101 HA?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: 10.04 Lucid Lynx on an Asus EEE PC 1101 HA?

Quote Originally Posted by danrough View Post
    Dalee,

Thanks for your response. When I installed hardy heron, I had to spend a fair amount of time trying to sort the graphics drivers out because of the Intel GMA chipset, has this been sorted as part of Lucid?
    GMA chipset? I thought you said nvidia in post #1. Which is it?

Beans

I had the same problems and went back to XP, yet then tried Windows 7 and it works great when compared to XP. The Available graphics Ram goes up to 700+ MB with 2 GB of RAM installed. Now if only the community would get Pualsbo working I imagine this system would work great with Ubuntu. We can only hope !

Now if only Intel was not giving us the shaft we would not even be having this problem !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by electroman76 View Post
    I had the same problems and went back to XP, yet then tried Windows 7 and it works great when compared to XP. The Available graphics Ram goes up to 700+ MB with 2 GB of RAM installed. Now if only the community would get Pualsbo working I imagine this system would work great with Ubuntu. We can only hope !

Now if only Intel was not giving us the shaft we would not even be having this problem !
    I am typing this from a 'Poulsbo crippled' Dell mini 10 running Karmic UNR quite happily. Corporate suckers at Intel had made it hard to install the driver, but otherwise, no complains. I've also run Jaunty on it before Karmic.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by landymann View Post
    Hi I have Lucid 10.04 RC on my eee 1000 and it has an excellent boot up time though the acpi interfaces to turn wifi on and off ect... don't seem to be working and the eee utility in the software centre is rubbish but other than that it's fine.
    On the 1101HA the eeepc-laptop module won't load because ACPI is broken. And since it is now difficult to impossible to load your own DSDT...
    According to that thread, the only hope is that someone, someday, will implement an asus-wmi driver, but I don't have much hope.

Edit: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Model/1001HA - you need to edit /etc/default/grub and add acpi_osi='Linux' to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT. I also tried "!Windows 2009" but it didn't work for me. YMMV
    Last edited by jbernardo; May 2nd, 2010 at 04:53 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

typing on a 1101ha on lucid UNE with nice screen resolution and wlan
    now i need to get multitouch fn-keys and eee-control working, any hints for that?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by scicode View Post
    typing on a 1101ha on lucid UNE with nice screen resolution and wlan
    now i need to get multitouch fn-keys and eee-control working, any hints for that?
    Multitouch seems definitively broken, at least under kde. Even the old trick of adding a synaptics fdi to hal policy doesn't help (perhaps because hal is deprecated).
    FN keys in gnome/UNR seem to need another brightness parameter (acpi_backlight=vendor), and for eee-control check my post here. Also check that thread, as we are posting any progress with the poulsbo drivers there.

Beans

I know this is a bit of thread necromancy, but have any of you been able to get suspend (ie the laptop goes to sleep when closed and/or the Fn+F1 buttons are pressed) and wake working?

I can only suspend using this tweak:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...oulsbo#Suspend by using uswsusp

Which requires sudoing a certain command... not optimal for the non-technical members of my family...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12