Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ubuntu 10.04 - Suspend, Hibernate not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: ubuntu 10.04 - Suspend, Hibernate not working

Quote Originally Posted by m15hun View Post
    As someone else has noted this problem is not solved could a moderator please change the status of the thread in the hope that it might draw some more interest?

All the above workarounds fall flat on my HP Mini 110c - the computer starts back up (from suspend) but the display isn't backlit - if I hold the screen up to the light I can see the background/ login window (no, the display isn't burnt ) but nothing brings it back to life. Hibernate does the self same thing only after a few seconds of non-backlit screen it hangs and reboots.
    Maybe if we restart a new thread that would help? http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...39#post9390739 is my start, but if you want to pile on so we can get some attention to this issue that would be good!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by m15hun View Post
    As someone else has noted this problem is not solved could a moderator please change the status of the thread in the hope that it might draw some more interest?

All the above workarounds fall flat on my HP Mini 110c - the computer starts back up (from suspend) but the display isn't backlit - if I hold the screen up to the light I can see the background/ login window (no, the display isn't burnt ) but nothing brings it back to life. Hibernate does the self same thing only after a few seconds of non-backlit screen it hangs and reboots.
    Since many are still facing this problem, i'm marking this as 'unsolved'

Beans

i also have the same problem, i use dell studio 1555 and i have installed ubuntu 10.04.
    when i hibernate my laptop on starting is shows black and white screen and nothing works...
    plz help me out......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks. It seems to be quite a prevalent problem - maybe it'll be fixed with an update, who knows? All I know is that it makes my netbook a real pain in the backside to use as it shuts down whenever I close it!

Beans

hey, i reinstalled ati hardware driver and now black and white screen problem is solved but now when i hibernate my system,it remains ON and when i turn it off by power switch and restart it, then it resumes the hibernated session.

plz suggest me if anyone knows how to make it turn off by hibernating only.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The following is a pretty shabby work-around, but maybe it will give someone some insight into where the problem lies:

If I log out and then choose suspend from the login screen (GDM for me), the computer both goes to sleep and wakes up perfectly. No problems at all.

I have had the same problem as many others here, and the 'visual preferences' work-around did not solve my problem. Gateway M255-E with Ubuntu/OpenBox.

Coincidentally, it appears that this sleep problem is affecting startup networking behavior. If the machine fails to sleep properly, it may not enable networking on boot. That was the case for me. When I shut the machine down gracefully, networking is enabled just fine on startup. See here: Launchpad: Networking is disabled on boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm also suffering form this

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bkann View Post
    Coincidentally, it appears that this sleep problem is affecting startup networking behavior. If the machine fails to sleep properly, it may not enable networking on boot.
    I do not know if Bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/568711 and Bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/528981 share the same underlying cause, but following the latter thread might be useful.

(See http://www.iol.ie/~stuartneilson/Bootup_fsck.html for symptoms, workarounds and bug-list)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

There was an update distributed yesterday (at least on my system) that included a new Kernel. Now my system is sleeping and waking just fine. I need to experiment and take the scripts I had installed into /etc/pm/sleep.d/ out, but for now I just don't want to screw around with it.

For the record I copied a script there that turned my backlight off (called 21radeon), and also 98video-quirk-db-handler.

Beans

Greetings,

I am novice with Linux.

I have Ubuntu 10.04 installed on a Toshiba Satellite A40 with the same suspend and hibernate problems. Tried the appearance preferences/visual effects workaround, but can't change the option to either Normal or Extra. When I try to do so, first the 'Searching for available drivers...' message is displayed, then the screen flashes a few times and finally, the message 'Desktop effects could not be enabled' is displayed. Any idea on how to fix this?

Is there a way to know whether a fix will come out anytime soon for the suspend/hibernate problem in Ubuntu 10.04?

Thank you,

Philippe

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast