Thread: How can I get user home directory back after I delete a specific user account

Beans

How can I get user home directory back after I delete a specific user account

Dear all,

I have deleted a user account accidentally and its data also. Do you know How I can get user home directory back after I delete a specific user account. Do you know any software that I can get back all my data, especially .thunderbird folder?

What I did due to delete home directory of my user is I go to System->Administration->Users and Groups. Then, I deleted Huilong user account accidentally and its data when it prompt to delete user data. Unlucky I am that I forget to copy .thunderbird.

I use Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 and file system is ext4.

I would like to appreciate everyone help and idea.

Thanks and Regards,

Hui Long

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How can I get user home directory back after I delete a specific user account

Switched away from windows XP to Ubuntu 9.04. Never turned around to look back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How can I get user home directory back after I delete a specific user account

Quote Originally Posted by huilong View Post
    ...I have deleted a user account accidentally and its data also. Do you know How I can get user home directory back after I delete a specific user account...
    Simply restore your latest backup! Presumably you do have backups - if you don't then your data cannot be important to you.

If, regrettably, you do not currently backup your system(s) then you might like to consider this in future. This link might help. Personally, I recommend luckyBackup as this is a reliable backup program that is very easy to use.