Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Wifi not working for, BCM4312 10.10 Maverick Vostro 1520

use sudo

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Maldito View Post
    After several hours struggling to fix my wifi on my HP MINI 210, even with broadcom sta driver enabled, wireless supposedly enabled (but with the led light off and not able to see the available networks) I have finally found the solution here:

http://life.firelace.com/2010/10/tip...-wireless-fix/ (THANK YOU VERY MUCH DARKMOON !!!)

The solution was simple, for whatever reason that I am not able to understand, after you intall the drivers and everything else, THE BLOODY THING COMES BLOCKED !!!

So in order to unblock, the goddamn thing just open a terminal, login as root ant type the following command:

rfkill unblock all

Thats is it, now its done, working perfectly !!!

I hope it save some hours for someone !
    Thank you very much!
    Since the launch of Ubuntu 10.10 release, I'm looking for a solution!
    Now, my wifi is working perfect!

Thank you DarkMoon and Angelo Maldito.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This also worked on Vostro 3300 with 10.04. The strange thing is that wireless worked initially, but after a week or so of use, it gets blocked(!). How come?? I have 25 similar PCs, all with the same disk image. They work for a while, but will eventually loose network connectivity.

I guess the solution is just to install a cron job on all of them, unblocking everything every hour or so...

Thanks anyway, but I still don't understand how wireless became blocked all of a sudden.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This didn't solve the problem for all my PCs. However, I took a look at this bug, which still isn't solved for 10.04. Thats just ridiculous:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/524454

Beans

Talking Re: Wifi not working for, BCM4312 10.10 Maverick Vostro 1520

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Maldito View Post
    http://life.firelace.com/2010/10/tip...-wireless-fix/ (THANK YOU VERY MUCH DARKMOON !!!)

The solution was simple, for whatever reason that I am not able to understand, after you intall the drivers and everything else, THE BLOODY THING COMES BLOCKED !!!

So in order to unblock, the goddamn thing just open a terminal, login as root ant type the following command:

rfkill unblock all
    Thank you! After 3 months I can use my wireless interface again (and i can also keep my hair).

HM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12