Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Warcraft

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by holastickboy View Post
    I recommend installing the latest 1.5 series of WINE (with 64 bit support if you can). From there, the easiest way is to copy the installation from a Windows drive, and it should work straight away (assuming that video drivers have been installed correctly).

I am using an AMD Phenom II quad core running at 3.4ghz, and an AMD Radeon 6850 OC'd to 1ghz, and find that there is a performance loss with WINE, but it's perfectly playable currently. In fact, I have started recording my experience with it, as I am leveling a monk while on Linux 100% of the time (want to prove that you can play wow from beginning to end with Linux). Just make sure to enable opengl rendering if you are an AMD video card user first!
    I've bben playing on WoW/wine since the beginning ("Vanilla").

Most of the time, WoW/wine runs faster in OpenGL than Windows/D3D (at least, on my hardware).

But I've NEVER run it on ATi/AMD. I've always had a Nvidia card. Their Linux drivers are just plain better/faster/easier to use and install.
    Running wine/WoW on a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+(2.6GHz)w/4GB DDRII(667) and a NV9600GSO w/768MB DDRIII.

Beans

Re: World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by cwwilson721 View Post
    I've bben playing on WoW/wine since the beginning ("Vanilla").

Most of the time, WoW/wine runs faster in OpenGL than Windows/D3D (at least, on my hardware).

But I've NEVER run it on ATi/AMD. I've always had a Nvidia card. Their Linux drivers are just plain better/faster/easier to use and install.
    yeh.. linux is faster. and ur link helps too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12