Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OOoLatex or Latex for OpenOffice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Re: OOoLatex or Latex for OpenOffice

I have current Java. I've slightly narrowed it down.

Office bombs after I select Openoffice.org.(In the part where I select that or writer)

It is stil responsive, but once I click on Openoffice.org in the category selection then it dies.

How much easier is it to use the LaTeX/Tex commands in Openoffice as opposed to an editor like Kile? I'm only using Kile to write mathematical proofs at the moment.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I've also experienced problem at same place but it was a random crash for me, so I managed to install it. The problem is in OpenOffice, I can't do anything for that.

The purpose of OOoLaTeX is to easily insert LaTeX equation within an openoffce document. Personally, I use Kile for articles, reports,... where I need a lot of equations. But I really don't like to write presentations in LaTeX (with \usepackage{prosper}), therefore I make them with OpenOffice and when I need an equation, I just copy/paste the LaTeX equations from Kile to OOoLaTeX, i.e. no need to use the equation editor of OOo to rewrite an equation (and the typesetting is also better!). For screenshots, see here: http://ooolatex.sourceforge.net/
    Last edited by Toufik; March 21st, 2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Typo :)

Beans
    Distro

Hi,

I managed to create a debian package. See my first post for instructions. If you've installed the macro manually, I advice you to install the .deb because it works better For instance, every new user will now have OOoLaTeX automatically installed, and it is easier to managed in case of new version.

Bye

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

I tried the new instructions.

It bombed at Tools>Macros>Run Macro...

Didn't get as far as I did the last time.

Its not a big deal though, Kile is more than sufficient presently.

Beans
    Distro

Let's try some debugging of OpenOffice... (It should be better with Feisty)

Which version if OOo do you have?

Do you have any error message while installing the deb?

If not, the macro is correctly installed but OOo bump when trying to access it. Let's try it with a shortcut instead of clicking:
    Find this file ~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/simpress/accelerator/YOUR_LOCALE/current.xml
    where YOUR_LOCALE is your language code (if you have several, choose the one you used, or do it for all if you don't know )
    Then, add this line
    Code:
    <accel:item accel:code="KEY_M" xlink:href="vnd.sun.star.script:OOoLatex.OOoLatexEquation.main?language=Basic&amp;location=application" accel:mod1="true"/>
    Now open Impress and press "CTRL M", the macro should open.

Give me all the informations you get (you'll get more if you launch openoffice from a terminal: type openoffice)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Here is what I get when I run through the terminal.

Code:
    *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb6177678 ***
    /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice: line 233:  3299 Killed                  "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"
    I'll try your new suggestion later.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

We have made a repository for the deb => you can now install via apt-get which deals better with dependencies.

Changelog: a default shortcut is created: CRTL+M

See my first post for the address of the repo

Beans

Is there any chance of getting a package for AMD64? When I enter the repository into my sources.list then I still don't get the ooolatex in any searches, so I assume it is for i386 architecture. Since OO did install in some clever way, is there a chance for ooolatex to do so too?
    Learning the mechanism requires good teachers and dedication

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Dear All,

I had in February or so contacted the original developer, Geoffroy Piroux. As I very much needed this package for my work (and for my students), I adapted Geoffroy's code, and I improved (in my opinion) the fonts used in the in-line mode. The version I have works reliably with OpenOffice 2.2, and with Ubuntu 6.10, 7.04, on Windows under Cygwyn, and on the Mac (except that under fink, the version of latex is a bit old, and the display mode doesn't work as well). The version I made uses really somewhat different fonts from the one by Geoffroy; I am quite satisfied by this version.

I am contacting Geoffroy again, to see if he would like to adopt any of the changes I made.
    You are also free to try my version, available at http://www.dealfaro.com/home/ooolatex.html
    I am curious to know whether it works well also for you.

My students and I very much need this plug-in, so I decided to start distributing it even before Geoffroy decides (if he ever will) to adopt the changes I made.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by aikishugyo View Post
    Is there any chance of getting a package for AMD64? When I enter the repository into my sources.list then I still don't get the ooolatex in any searches, so I assume it is for i386 architecture. Since OO did install in some clever way, is there a chance for ooolatex to do so too?
    The original OOoLaTeX is available as sources so it works on every system. The package I wrote contains the binaries I've compiled on my computer. I don't know how to compile for AMD64 from a i386 So you can try to compile on your own and then send me the binaries in order that I create a new package.

From http://ooolatex.sourceforge.net/ download OOoLatexEmf_noarch_src.tar.gz

Code:
    tar -xzvf  OOoLatexEmf_noarch_src.tar.gz
    cd OOoLatexEmf_noarch_src
    tar -xzvf libEMF-1.0.2.tar.gz
    cd libEMF-1.0.2
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install
    cd ../Linux
    There (/download/place/OOoLatexEmf_noarch_src/Linux/) edit the Makefile to have this:

Code:
    # Makefile for latex2emf 
    ROOT=/usr/local

all: latex2emf

latex2emf: ../latex2emf.cpp
            c++  -L$(ROOT)/lib/ \
                 -I$(ROOT)/include/ -I$(ROOT)/include/libEMF/ \
                 -o latex2emf ../latex2emf.cpp -lEMF
    clean:
            rm latex2emf
    install:
            cp latex2emf $(ROOT)/bin/
    Then
    Code:
    make
    sudo make install
    Now you have all the binaries, download the macro and follow the instructions (see README)
    Last edited by Toufik; May 27th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast