Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sync HTC Touch with Hardy?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sync HTC Touch with Hardy?

Is there a way that i can sync my HTC touch with hardy?
    so far I've had to use Windows and ActiveSync to add or remove files from it.

Thanks in advance
    Zavie A.

>>> self.Freedom=='Linux'
    'True'

Beans

Re: Sync HTC Touch with Hardy?

have a look at this site http://www.synce.org/moin/ Synce works like active sync, but without the GUI and the crashes it's not always easy to set up, but if you have a clean hardy install and you follow the guide to the letter everything should work. you have to copy-paste a lot of commands into the terminal, though.

note that, once the installation is done, you will always have to open two terminal windows. the first terminal is running sync-engine (you'll see), this sync-engine process never stops and if you're new it seems like it's stuck, but it's not. while sync-engine is running in the first terminal you need to run the commands to do the syncing (or to create partnerships and groups) in the second terminal. to me this was quite confusing in the beginning, but once you've done it a few times it becomes really easy.

if you're stuck, feel free to ask, i'm quite new myself but i've been using synce for almost a month now (with a very stubborn device apparently) so maybe i can share my experience.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

thanks for the info.
    but i did run into a little problem.
    when I type "sudo rmmod rndis_host cdc_ether usbnet" into the terminal
    I get this error:

zavie@zavie-desktop:~$ sudo rmmod rndis_host cdc_ether usbnet
    ERROR: Module rndis_host does not exist in /proc/modules
    ERROR: Module cdc_ether does not exist in /proc/modules
    ERROR: Module usbnet does not exist in /proc/modules
    any thoughts?
    Zavie A.

>>> self.Freedom=='Linux'
    'True'

Beans
    Hidden!

you dont need to worry if they dont exist. it says "Unload the current modules:" and tells you to run that command you ran to unload them. if your computer is telling you they dont exist, then they're obviously unloaded already

Beans
    Hidden!

Code:
    sudo rm /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/net/usb/{rndis_host,cdc_ether,usbnet}.ko
    this will probably spit you an error too, since you dont seem to have the modules anyway

Beans

i think i had the same error the first time i tried to setup synce. don't worry, the most important part is where you load the new modules, as long as that works you'll be fine.

Beans

Hi, I have an HTC Kaiser. I follwed the wiki pages. I opened to terminal sessions and did what you mentioned above.

Sync seems to work, but when I check evolution, the new contacts are not sync??

Beans

i don't know about contact syncing. the first times i tried synce i had enabled contacts and calendar, but i always had problems. so i set up a new partnership which only syncs the calendar, and this works fine. so i guess there is a bug in the contacts option, or maybe it isn't compatible with all kinds of phones...

Beans

Cool Re: Sync HTC Touch with Hardy?

I have a HTC touch with Windows CE version 6.0. and I am trying to setup synce as per the instructions given in the website http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceWithUbuntu but i am stuck at core libraries step. I have installed the libraries, but when i execute synce-pls

root@human:~# synce-pls
    synce-pls: symbol lookup error: synce-pls: undefined symbol: rapi_connection_from_name

I have installed Multisync and enabled the advanced network functionality on my PDA. My Hardy is detecting the PDA coz the output of lsusb is
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 004 Device 009: ID 0bb4:0b0c High Tech Computer Corp.

All i want is to import export my contacts to my laptop.

Any ideas?
    Avinash

Beans

Can anyone help me with this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast