Thread: I am being censored byt the forum moderators

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I am being censored byt the forum moderators

Why are you doing this?

Beans

Re: I am being censored byt the forum moderators

You have received many PM’s regarding this .

Your account has been placed on moderation while we investigate multiple accounts you have created namely

callmemelloyello
    izanbardprince
    TheAlmightyCthulhu
    kevincarmony
    thebaronharkonnen

thedukeatreides

The code of conduct advises that multiple accounts are not permitted unless approved by staff.

We are currently investigating this and will advise further when we complete our investigation
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ubuntu Forums is censoring me again.

They’ve locked my post on Foxconn and then placed my account on moderation, they made up a bogus allegation with which to justify this.

The only reason I went to Ubuntu Forums (even knowing how horrible their moderators treat people), is because I wanted to give Foxconn some attention, and cause I knew the easiest way to have that happen, would be to post it on an Ubuntu forum, Fedora has already shirked off this issue, any other forum would have told me to go **** myself before the thread was even read by many people, Matthew Garrett even told me to just hack my way around the bad BIOS (with hacks that don’t work), and ignore that the BIOS is sabotaged, so I decided that the only way to stick this where it needed to be was to do it this way, and hopefully I have achieved something for the Linux community at large.

There is something to be said for synchronism?

“If you want to CENSOR me further, just to continue a grudge (thats what that is, and that’s all this is) then great, good for you, be like that.

If you really cared a damn about helping anyone, maybe you wouldn’t all be so petulant and petty.

That really is all I have to say, so if you want me gone, ban me, I don’t honestly care, I’ve achieved much of what I needed to, to solve a problem that affects many, many users other than myself, it’s bigger than I am now, the community has come together to attack the malicious behavior of a major hardware vendor, who I believe is taking bribes and kickbacks from Microsoft.

You can be disruptive in a good way you know?”
    KiwiNZ, the moderator that banned me has made a pretty flimsy case saying that I’ve had multiple accounts of all things, he’s mad because someone stole his thunder, I don’t know how we’re supposed to look like a coherant group with back stabbers like this.

Beans

The accounts listed above share the same IP address . They have your email address using name you have signed post with . or have an email address for the izanbardprince.

The later is the name used on your blog

The Kevincarmony account created by your IP has the email address for izanbardprince. This account was open with what seems to be an attempt to masquerade as Kevin Carmony as it has included his photo as the avatar

These accounts appear to have been created after the account izanbardprince was placed on moderation following posts the breached the Forum Code of conduct.

You have also been fully advised as to the action taken to date as many Private messages have been sent to you . These messages were also sent to the Forum Council members.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Good for you, I'm sure you will continue to be as unfair as possible.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

What is your angle anyway?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Essentially I was muzzled for no reason, other than some stuck up person(s) not happening to agree with me, and therefore punishing me, unduly.

This situation never would have escalated to this point had it not been for the poor attitude of (some of) the moderators, I think their behavior should be questioned, not mine.

I don't go around trying to provoke people without a good reason.

Beans

You have still not explained why you created numerous accounts.

The code of conduct which you agreed to follow states....

"Users should only have one active account. If you feel you have justification for requiring a new account, please contact an administrator to discuss your situation. Users who have multiple accounts without approval of an administrator may be subjected to infractions or bans without notice. "

There were no requests to Forum Management for consent to establish more than one account.
    The point of contention regarding your membership relates to this issue and your conduct using another account , namely izanbardprince .

This issueis not related to your issue with the bug in Foxconn boards.

The establishment of an account using the name of another member , Kevin Carmony is viewed very seriously and as yet not responded to by you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    You have still not explained why you created numerous accounts.

The code of conduct which you agreed to follow states....

"Users should only have one active account. If you feel you have justification for requiring a new account, please contact an administrator to discuss your situation. Users who have multiple accounts without approval of an administrator may be subjected to infractions or bans without notice. "

There were no requests to Forum Management for consent to establish more than one account.
    The point of contention regarding your membership relates to this issue and your conduct using another account , namely izanbardprince .

This issueis not related to your issue with the bug in Foxconn boards.

The establishment of an account using the name of another member , Kevin Carmony is viewed very seriously and as yet not responded to by you.
    Why would I masquerade as that idiot?

Surely I would rather be Chuck Norris, at least he has a fist behind his beard, not Linspire.

Beans

Idon't usually do this , but for the reason of transperancy here is a screen clip of the in question named kevincarmony
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast