Thread: VMWare, Ubuntu and VNC remote issue with keyboard layout (norwegian)

Beans

Question VMWare, Ubuntu and VNC remote issue with keyboard layout (norwegian)

Okay so I have a issue with VNC when I connect to my Ubuntu from another machine (does not matter what machine I use).

The issue is simple: the layout is not working as it should, even if I change to English keyboard layout, default or Norwegian the keys are displaced. In norway we got "æøå" and they don't work when I am in remote mode, instead "æ" is positioned in Shift+6 and on the "'" key. Not only that but there are like 4-5 different "?" keys and "æ" repeats when I try to make a underscore, e.g. Almost everything is misplaced except the a-z alphabet.

It's really frustrating and annoying, I can't program Java with it since {}() and all other special keys are either not there or moved do some really weird positions.

Does anyone have a idea what the issue can be?

Beans

Re: VMWare, Ubuntu and VNC remote issue with keyboard layout (norwegian)

Wow...this message was posted in August 20th ....almost over 3 months ago

I need the same problem answered guys...except I'm using Windows remote to Ubuntu ( English US ) and when I type w I get . .. ( decimal ) and when I type s I get b and b I get s please

Could someone help on this issue?

Thanks

Beans

Oh I forgot...
    I have tried to switch the keyboards at least 7 different keyboards

from US IBM. 85 key, 101 to 105 to even the UK versions (seeing they are english text also)
    I would do anything to get this corrected so I tried it

Beans

Helloooo...please?