Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intel D945GCLF2 Motherboard: Unable to use suspend-to-RAM, resume broken?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Intel D945GCLF2 Motherboard: Unable to use suspend-to-RAM, resume broken?

Yey!

I can confirm that, with the modified version of the picoPSU, everything works properly.

At last...

Beans

Good to know. I need to wait a little longer, because the necessary capacitor in SMD case is not that easy to get here. I tried to solder a standard-size capacitor, but that did not work out.

Beans

Hello everyone,

I just registered especially for you guys.

The case is, I own a D945GCLF2 myself which I have put in a Procase Noah (http://www.procase.nl/details.asp?ID=662) and just like you I can't suspend but I can hibernate (pm-hibernate, I use Arch Linux). I just updated with no succes to the latest bios.

Now I have some questions, I'm quite the noob when it comes to hardware (this was my first self build system). I read this here on the forum:

Pull the PicoPSU off the motherboard and then remove the output lead that goes to the hard disks. Directly beneath the white connector you'll see two black squares (ICs) with two components between them. Below one of these components you should see 'C4' in white print on the board. If the component labelled C4 is level or slightly proud of the height of the ICs then it's the modified version and should work. If C4 is lower than the height of the ICs then it's unmodified.

Now I wonder, this problem has only to do with the picoPSU's we all use right , not the D945GCLF2? The PSU's are stuck to our cases or, at least they are separate from our D945GCLF2's, not? What do I have to pull of the mobo here then, in my case I have a ac/dc adapter, going into the case, going to a small electronic board, going via a wire to my mobo where it plugs on using a white plug. Where can I find the problem exactly, under this white plug? Any noob friendly explanation would be nice

Thanx guys, at least I can stop searching for the problem now but it is kind of not nice to find this as the reason for suspend not working, I was hoping for a software solution (as we all did probably).

Hope to hear from you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by freekert View Post
    Now I wonder, this problem has only to do with the picoPSU's we all use right , not the D945GCLF2? The PSU's are stuck to our cases or, at least they are separate from our D945GCLF2's, not? What do I have to pull of the mobo here then, in my case I have a ac/dc adapter, going into the case, going to a small electronic board, going via a wire to my mobo where it plugs on using a white plug. Where can I find the problem exactly, under this white plug? Any noob friendly explanation would be nice
    Hello Freekert,

unfortunately it's not "what we all use", your Noah case as well as my Morex are not shipped with picoPSUs.
    We have a seperate PSU board already installed into the case, a picoPSU looks like in this article http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...&ArticleID=483
    Which is quite a bummer 'cause we either have to buy a capable picoPSU or restart at step 2 "where to get a modification manual for our PSU".

But either way it's good to know where to start so thanks everyone for your reports.

Yours, Michael

Beans

SUCCESS! Finally it is also working here with my machine! Can't believe it took that long, but at first I had to wait, till our local electronic parts supplier got these tiny capacitors with case size 0603, then I modified the PSU as suggested, and it still did not work. I contacted the tech-support of mini-box again, and they told me to put another one on top of the first added capacitor, which I now did (was kind of tricky operation, because these capacitors are really tiny), and it is definitely working as supposed to.

What a relief! Suspend-to-RAM makes such a huge difference to hibernation, I really can not miss that functionality any more.

Beans

For reference: mini-box now uses 0.22uF on top of C4 in their latest batch of the picoPSU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by shardzero View Post
    Hello Freekert,

unfortunately it's not "what we all use", your Noah case as well as my Morex are not shipped with picoPSUs.
    We have a seperate PSU board already installed into the case, a picoPSU looks like in this article http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...&ArticleID=483
    Which is quite a bummer 'cause we either have to buy a capable picoPSU or restart at step 2 "where to get a modification manual for our PSU".

But either way it's good to know where to start so thanks everyone for your reports.

Yours, Michael
    Hi shardzero,

I take it that you have a mores box. Me to, have you been able to solve this.
    I have exactly the same issue om two unit...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123