Thread: v4l-dvb compile error (implicit declaration of function 'skip_spaces')

Beans

v4l-dvb compile error (implicit declaration of function 'skip_spaces')

I am running Lucid Lynx. I downloaded the latest v4l-dvb package, generated the .config file, and changed the FiredTV support to "n." However I'm still getting an error with the initial "make":

v4l-dvb/v4l/ir-sysfs.c:137: error: implicit declaration of function 'skip_spaces'

The line is tmp = skip_spaces(data), it looks like there's no .h declaration or .c definition of that method in the v4l directory.

How do I fix it, I didn't see any solutions for this on the web. Or does it even matter, I went ahead with "make install" and it installed the firmware without any errors.

-Thanks, LloydM999

Beans

Re: v4l-dvb compile error (implicit declaration of function 'skip_spaces')

Lloyd,

Copy and paste this patch file from Mauro into a text file and save it in the v4l-dvb/linux directory of your repository. (the file name is your choice)

cd into the linux directory and run the following command
    Code:
    patch -p1 -i patchfile-name
    (replace patchfile-name with the name you gave the patch file)

You should then be able to compile and install as normal.

Beans

CoE -

That patch didn't work for me. All 5 "hunks" succeeded, but "make" gave me errors in "firedtv-1394.c".

-LloydM999
    Last edited by LloydM999; September 1st, 2010 at 07:03 AM.

Beans

See? I told you it would compile normally. You've now encountered a different and well-known problem. One to which the solution may be found in your original post.

Beans

OK, I didn't know I had to change .config again (to not compile fired-tv) after the patch. After the change, both make and make install didn't give any errors.

mythtv-setup detected the DVB stick, but the Terrestrial channel scan didn't find any channels. I guess that's a different problem though...